Elevate Your Easter Bunch
(Family Features) If you’ll be hosting friends and family to honor Easter this
year, make your gathering as simple as it is scrumptious with a decadent brunch
If you’re daunted by the diversity of dishes a brunch menu demands, remember
that quality ingredients – not complex preparation – is what makes dishes truly
stand out. Fresh produce and superior products instantly elevate a recipe from good
These brunch staples all start as basics, but get a boost with the right combination
of quality ingredients:
Made-to-order omelets are always a hit because they guarantee you’re serving
up exactly what your guests enjoy. Use a few winning ingredients to create an easy
and quick omelet base, then offer an array of toppings, including unexpected flavors
such as Jarlsberg Brand Cheese. Best known for its classic wedge, this nutty, mild
cheese is also available in slices – perfect for the ooey-gooey factor everyone
loves in an omelet.
A classic French quiche combines fresh and flavorful ingredients, is easy to
make and tastes delicious hot or cold. The quiche is simple enough to make that
you can prepare several varieties, giving guests plenty of options and handily filling
a buffet spread. Simply prepare your crust and filling base then mix in fresh, crisp
veggies that are steamed or lightly browned. Or create a savory, meaty quiche with
your favorite sausage or bacon. Add some cheese before filling the crust and sprinkle
some more cheese on top before baking.
Finger foods bursting with flavor simply make brunch better. This recipe uses
ready-rolled puff pastry sheets, rosemary and the distinctive taste of Jarlsberg
Brand Cheese for a mouthwatering dish that can be featured at a tasting station
or as part of a larger meal.
Make Brunch a Breeze
Skip the stress this Easter with these tips to make preparing your holiday brunch
- Choose several make-ahead dishes that you can prepare well in advance, such
as quiche or a breakfast bake.
- Skip time-intensive pancakes and instead serve up a French toast casserole.
- Prepare recipes using the highest-quality, freshest ingredients for the
- Give your meal a boost with unexpected but impactful touches, such as specialty
butters, homemade jams and delicious cheeses.
- Create beautiful and tasty accents for your buffet in minutes with pretty
bowls or platters filled with colorful, seasonal fruit.
Find more recipes for your Easter brunch at jarlsberg.com.
Cheesy Bacon Quiche
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup bacon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 leek
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Jarlsberg Cheese, plus additional for topping, grated
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 4 tablespoons cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix butter, flour, water and salt together. Knead thoroughly
to make firm dough. Pack dough in plastic wrap and let rest in refrigerator for
- Press dough into full surface of pie plate and cover with aluminum foil. Prebake
in oven 10 minutes, then remove aluminum foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in frying pan on medium heat, sauté bacon. Add leek at end of cooking
- In bowl, whisk eggs and cream together and add grated cheese, parsley, bacon
and leek. Pour filling into crust and top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until edge is golden brown and center is set.
Serves 4 portions
Notes, Tips & Suggestions: To save time, use premade pie crust and bake according
to package directions.
Puff Pastry Swirls
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
On lightly floured work surface, roll out pastry sheets into 8 x 4-inch rectangles.
Mix grated cheese, rosemary and pepper. Spread mixture over puff pastry. Roll
up each pastry rectangle from short end. Press edges firmly together to seal roll.
Slice each roll into 2-inch thick slices.
Place face down on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 4 ready-rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 cup grated Jarlsberg Cheese
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
Serves 4 portions.
Notes, Tips & Suggestions: To make swirls rise more, don’t roll out pastry with
Easy Brunch Omelet
- chorizo, bacon or ham
- cherry tomatoes
- spring onions
- 8 eggs
- 8 tablespoons water or milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices Jarlsberg Cheese
- 8 slices ham
- Prepare toppings. Fry mushrooms and chorizo, bacon or ham; cut cherry tomatoes
and spring onions.
- To make omelet, crack eggs in bowl and add water, salt and pepper. Whisk eggs
until they turn a pale yellow color, about 25-35 whisks.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat and melt butter. When butter is bubbly, add about
one quarter of the egg batter. This will make one of four omelets. When batter starts
setting, move hardened parts toward the middle, enabling the rest to get direct
heat as well. Use a gentle hand to avoid scrambled eggs. When batter starts to look
cooked, add cheese and meat and flip omelet over. The omelet should be slightly
golden on fried side and a little runny and soft in the middle.
- Finally, put omelet on plate and add garnish before serving.
Source: Jarlsberg Cheese
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.