Sides for Holiday Entertaining
(Family Features) The holiday season means it’s time for gathering family and friends
for food and celebration. To make the process easier, incorporate recipes that can feed a crowd
without lots of exotic, hard-to-find ingredients or long, laborious prep and cook times.
These recipes for Hearty Roasted Winter Vegetables featuring Aunt Nellie’s Whole
Pickled Beets and Caprese Bean and Salami Salad with READ 3 Bean Salad, for example, are
ideal side dishes for holiday gatherings with enough to go ’round for everyone at the table.
Plus, if you’re heading to a holiday potluck, they’re perfect for bringing along to
share with the whole crew and versatile enough to be paired with a variety of main courses.
Plus, the Caprese Bean and Salami Salad can also stand in as an appetizer.
Find more holiday recipes at auntnellies.com
Caprese Bean and Salami Salad
- 5 (15 ounce) cans READ 3 Bean Salad (3 cans drained, 2 cans undrained)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound small marinated mozzarella balls, drained
- 3/4 cup (1 ounce) fresh basil, chopped
- 8 ounces dried salami, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 (13 ounce) whole-wheat baguettes, sliced
- In large bowl, stir together bean salad, tomatoes and mozzarella balls.
- Before serving, add basil and salami. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Stir to combine.
- Serve on large platter surrounded by baguette slices.
Prep: 25 min | Servings: 16
Recipe courtesy of “The Reluctant Entertainer”
Hearty Roasted Winter Vegetables
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Aunt Nellie’s Whole Pickled Beets, drained
- 1 small red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 2 cups baby portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems trimmed
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus additional, to taste (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, plus additional, to taste (optional)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and scored with cross-cut
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place beets, onion, mushrooms and squash on rimmed 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch baking
sheet; drizzle with olive oil. Add garlic, rosemary, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon
pepper; toss to coat. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts; stir and continue to roast until vegetables are tender and browned,
about 30-35 minutes, stirring once. Adjust salt and pepper, to taste, if desired.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 45-55 min | Servings: 6
Source: Seneca Foods
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.