Coffee Can Bread
- 1 cup milk (heated to 110 degrees F)
- 1 package yeast
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Dissolve yeast in milk.
- Put 2 cups flour into a bowl and blend in the yeast mixture.
- Mix in oil, eggs, sugar and salt.
- Add enough flour so that dough is not sticky. Knead until elastic, but light
about 10 minutes.
- Press into a greased one-pound coffee can. Put plastic lid on coffee can
and let rise for 1 hour (or until lid pops off can).
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let stand a few minutes, then unmold.