Tomato Herb Bread
- 1/2 cup water, 105-115 degrees F
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 cup (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- Sprinkle yeast over water and dissolve.
- Add sugar, salt, butter, cheese, oregano, tomato sauce and 1 1/2 cups flour.
Beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining flour until thoroughly blended. Dough will be sticky.
- Cover and let rise about 1-1 1/2 hours, until doubled.
- Stir down dough. Beat by hand about 7 minutes.
- Fill 8 well-buttered 6-ounce cans half-full with dough. Cover and let rise
until dough reaches top of cans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.