- 8 bacon strips
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cans Ro*Tel tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 can ranch-style beans
- 2 packages Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon until crispy. Drain and crumble.
- Brown and season meat, then drain well. Add Ro*Tel and ranch-style beans.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix both packages of Mexican style cornbread per instructions. Add bacon,
corn and eggs; stir.
- Pour half of the cornbread mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking
pan or two 8-inch pans. Pour all of the meat mixture over the top. Top with
all the shredded cheese. Pour remaining cornbread mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until cornbread is done.