Cheesy Bacon Pull-Apart Loaf
One of the most popular flavor combinations on earth, in a perfectly pullable package! Bacon-Cheddar Pull Bread combines sizzling bacon, melted cheese, zingy green onion, and savory butter with chewy bread in an appetizer that will knock the socks off your friends and family. Quick and easy to toss together, Bacon-Cheddar Pull Bread is a total winner!
- 1 loaf round sourdough bread
- 16 ounces (4 cups) Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut loaf with a sharp, serrated knife in 1-inch slices being careful not to slice all the way through the bottom of the bread. Turn loaf 90 degrees then cut into 1-inch slices going the other direction.
- Place loaf on a large sheet of buttered foil.
- Sprinkle cheese, bacon and green onions on top, getting in between cracks.
- Drizzle or brush butter over loaf then wrap in foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully open foil then bake for 10 more minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
American Butter Institute