Knotts Berry Farm Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
or 1 cup milk plus 1/8 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into mixing bowl. Add shortening and
- Add baking soda to buttermilk, then blend into flour mixture.
dough on generously floured surface and sprinkle with additional flour. Do not
overwork dough. Roll out 1/4 inch thick and cut with 2-inch biscuit cutter.
Dip biscuits in oil to cover all sides and place immediately on oiled baking
sheet with all biscuits touching.
- Bake at 500 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until nicely browned.
Source: Knott's Berry Farm