Pretzel Rolls. Such a fun roll to serve with a meal or all by itself. Makes a great snack for after school.
- Rhodes Dinner or Texas Rolls
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Coarse salt
- Place rolls on a sprayed baking sheet (far enough apart so they don't touch while rising) and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until almost double in size.
- While rolls are rising, bring a large pot of water to a boil (3-4 quarts) add the baking powder slowly and stir to dissolve completely.
- Remove plastic wrap and place the partially risen rolls in the boiling water, 3 at a time. Boil on each side for one minute.
- Place them back on sprayed baking sheets. Sprinkle with coarse salt and score the top with a sharp knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: