French bread shells are stuffed with sour cream, cheese, bread and artichoke mixture, then topped with cheddar cheese.
- 2 loaves French bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cut bread lengthwise and remove bread in center (it will look like a canoe), leaving the shell. Save scooped out bread until later.
- In a Dutch oven melt margarine and sauté garlic and sesame seeds. Add bread pieces
and stir until butter is absorbed and pieces are well coated.
- In a separate bowl combine sour cream, parmesan cheese, Monterey Jack cheese,
parsley and lemon pepper. Add cheese mixture to bread mixture, add artichokes and mix well. Spoon mixture into shells and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm.