Beer Belly Bread
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs, if desired
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; blend well. Pour
in sour cream and beer and mix thoroughly without beating.
- Grease a 2 1/2-quart baking dish or similar size pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove and brush top with 1 tablespoon butter. Return to oven and bake
15 minutes longer or until browned.