Fiesta Cheese Bread
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 or 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- Paprika, chili powder or crushed red pepper flakes (Note: paprika or chili powder will add color, crushed red pepper flakes will add extra heat!)
- Mix Bisquick and milk to form a (very) soft dough. Press into a greased 7 x 11-inch
pan (or a 9 x 13-inch pan for a thinner crust), pushing up edges slightly to form
a rim. Brush with melted butter.
- Place tomatoes on crust; salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle half the can of chiles over tomatoes.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese and onion. Spread over tomatoes and chiles.
- Sprinkle with other half of chiles and with your choice of paprika, chili powder,
or crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.