- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto, or to taste
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Before starting scones, place raisins in a bowl and cover with Amaretto.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour or until raisins
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles crumbs.
- In another bowl mix together the egg, milk, cream and Amaretto. Pour into
dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the raisins and nuts. Mix until a dough comes together.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly. With a round
cutter (2 or 3-inch) cut dough. Space scones at least 1 to 2 inches apart on
an ungreased cookie sheet. With the remaining 2 tablespoons of cream brush each
top of the scones.
- Bake the scones at 350 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes or until scones are
light brown in color.
- Let scones cool and dust with confectioners' sugar.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.