Apricot Streusel Scones
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup firm butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten, reserve 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon milk, 2%
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scones: In medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Using pastry blender or two knives, cut butter into dry ingredients, until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in eggs, sour cream, apricots and milk.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead lightly 10 times. Roll or pat into 10 x 11-inch rectangle. Cut into two 5 x 11-inch sections.
- Streusel: Mix ingredients with a fork and lightly pat onto one piece of dough; cover with other piece. With sharp knife cut into triangles. Place on un-greased baking sheet; brush dough with reserved beaten egg.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from baking sheet to wire rack.
- Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition: One scone provides approximately: 179 calories, 4 g protein, 24 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 8 g fat (2 g saturated), 48 mg cholesterol, 27 mcg folate, 1 g iron, 241 mg sodium
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Wheat Foods Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.