Blackberry Cream Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten (reserve 1 tablespoon of egg white for brushing on top)
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can blackberries, well drained
- 2 teaspoons coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt until
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles
- Stir in eggs and cream to make stiff dough. Turn out on a lightly floured
board and knead lightly until dough sticks together.
- Divide dough into four parts. Roll each part out to make a circle about
6 inches in diameter and about 1/4 inch thick. Arrange 2 circles on an ungreased
baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Spoon 1/2 the berries on each circle leaving
about 1 inch all the way around. Cover with the remaining two circles and pinch
around the edges to seal in the berries. Score the top of each round into quarters
with a knife.
- Brush with the reserved egg white and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 8 scones
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.