Candied Ginger, Cherry and Pineapple Scones
These are best served with Devonshire
- 3 cups all-purpose or pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup candied pineapple
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Heavy cream (optional)
- granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans.
- Blend the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut the butter and shortening into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter
or two forks until the fats are about the size of large peas.
- Add the heavy cream 1/2 cup at a time until just blended.
- Fold in the ginger, pineapple and cherries. Do not over-mix.
- Spread the batter evenly into the cake pans. Brush top of batter with a
little heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops of the scones are golden brown.
- Cut into wedges.
Per serving: 225 calories (percent of calories from fat, 52), 3 grams protein, 24 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 14 grams fat (7 grams saturated), 33 milligrams cholesterol, 282 milligrams sodium
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.