Cranberry Scones 3
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Sunsweet Lighter Bake
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries*
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Coat baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add Lighter Bake and butter and mix with fork or fingertips until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in yogurt; add cranberries.
- Shape dough into a ball. On floured surface, pat out to a 9-inch circle. Cut
into 12 equal wedges using a sharp knife that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Arrange on baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 12 scones
* Dried cranberries, blueberries, raisins, currants or any chopped dried fruit
may be substituted for the fresh or frozen cranberries.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.