Fruit Studded Cream Scones
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup chopped golden raisins and dried cherries blend
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In bowl, combine 2 cups flour, dried fruit, sugar and 1 tablespoon orange zest.
- Stir in cream until combined.
- On floured surface, knead dough 7 times, adding remaining
flour as necessary. Form dough into a ball. Roll dough into 9-inch round. Cut into
8 triangles, place on greased baking sheet. Coat with butter cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden.
- In bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon orange juice, 1/4 teaspoon orange zest,
confectioners' sugar and butter until blended, whisking in additional orange
juice if needed. Drizzle over scones.
- Garnish with orange peel curls, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.