Rich Raspberry Scones
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter-flavor Crisco
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk or half-and-half
- Cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut in Crisco with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gently stir in raspberries, taking care to keep them as whole as possible.
- Whisk eggs with milk or half-and-half. Lightly stir into the flour mixture.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board, handling as little as possible. Shape the
dough into two (6-inch diameter x 3/4-inch thick) rounds. Score each circle into
wedges with a sharp knife.
- Brush with a bit of milk, then sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Test with a wooden pick after
15 minutes of baking.