Raspberry Apple Butter
- 7 1/2 pounds large apples, unpeeled and cored
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large covered kettle, simmer the apples and water until tender. Press through
a sieve or food mill. Measure 2 quarts of pulp; place in a large roaster (discard
the rest or save for another use - such as applesauce.)
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Bake, uncovered at 300 degrees F for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally,
or until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Pour hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch
headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water bath.
Yield: 10 half-pints
Taste of Home - Canned Goods and Condiments insert - August/September 2000
>> SPREAD RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.