Sweet Lemon Butter
Spread on nut breads.
- 1/2 cup butter
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- Melt butter in top of double boiler.
- Stir in lemon peel, juice, sugar and salt.
- Lightly beat whole eggs into egg yolks. Blend eggs into sugar mixture. Cook over
boiling water, beating with whisk until thick and smooth, about 20 minutes.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
>> SPREAD RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.