Classic Dinner Rolls
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (4 to 4 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 packages Fleischmann's Active Dry or RapidRise Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup warm milk (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 1/2 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 1/3 cup butter , softened
- 2 eggs
- Poppy or sesame seeds, optional
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt.
- Gradually add warm milk, warm water, and butter to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium
speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add 1 egg and 1/2 cup flour;
beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- With spoon, stir in enough
remaining flour to make soft dough. Grease top; cover tightly with plastic wrap
and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator; punch dough down. Remove dough to lightly floured surface.
Shape as desired (directions follow).
- Place rolls, about 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets (or other pans as
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size,
about 20 to 40 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg; brush on rolls. If desired, sprinkle with poppy or sesame
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from sheets or pans; cool on wire racks.
Makes 1 1/2 to 2 dozen rolls.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/26/01 9:01:04 am.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases with no additional cost to you.