The Blueberry Pig
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup coarse cornmeal
- 1 cup granulated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup sour cream or plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 24 Jones sausage
- 1 cup Maine blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
Mark the edge of the pan into 12 parts.
- Stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Crush
the dried rosemary between your fingers into the dry ingredients.
- Mix together the sour cream, buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs. Add to the
dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Do not over-mix. Spread 1/3 of the
mixture onto the bottom of the pan.
- Place 12 sausages on top, lining them up with
the 12 marks on the pan.
- Spoon 1/3 mixture on top of sausages and spread, careful
not to move the sausages.
- Distribute blueberries.
- Top with remaining 1/3 of mixture
and then lightly press the remaining 12 sausages into the top, again lining them
up with the 12 marks.
- Bake for 1 hour. Check with a wooden pick at 45 minutes.
This can be made in 3 loaf pans. Simply layer as above.
Source: Yankee magazine