- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (about)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Fat (for deep-fat frying)
- Sift together sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and flour.
- Beat eggs thoroughly, then stir into dry ingredients. Add the milk and melted
butter. Roll about 1/2 inch thick on a floured board and cut with a doughnut cutter.
- Fry several at a time in 375 degrees F fat until nicely browned.
- Drain on paper towels. Dust with granulated or confectioners' sugar.
>> Doughnut Recipes