Baked Marmalade Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons orange marmalade or any other citrus marmalade
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, flour, milk and almond extract until blended.
- Melt butter in a large ovenproof skillet over moderate heat. Remove the skillet from the heat and pour in the batter, tilting to cover the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Immediately place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Transfer pancake to a serving plate, spread with the marmalade and dust with the confectioners' sugar; serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings