Angel Food Cake with Amaretto-Almond Sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons amaretto or other almond-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 slices commercial angel food cake
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well. Cook over medium
heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Boil for 1 minute,
stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in amaretto and lemon juice; cook until thoroughly heated (do not boil).
- Remove from heat; stir in almonds and extract.
- Serve warm over angel food cake.
>> Angel Food Cake Recipes