- 4-5 unpeeled Clementines (about 1 pound total weight)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/3 cups ground almonds
- 1 heaping tablespoon baking powder
- Put the unpeeled Clementines in a pot with cold water to cover, bring to boil,
and cook for 2 hours.
- Drain and, when cool, cut each Clementine in half and remove the seeds.
- Then chop everything finely - skins, pith, fruit - in the food processor or by
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter and line an 8-inch springform pan.
- Beat the eggs. Add the sugar, almonds and baking powder. Mix well by hand, adding
the chopped Clementines.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared pan and bake for one hour, when a skewer
will come out clean; you'll probably have to cover the cake with foil after
about 40 minutes to prevent the top from burning.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool, on a rack, but in the pan.
- When the cake is cold, remove from the pan.
Source: How to Eat: The Pleasures and Principles of Good Food by Nigella
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes