After Dinner Mint Cheesecake
- 2 cups crushed cream-filled chocolate mint sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup butter (not spread), melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup creme de menthe liqueur
- 1 cup chocolate mint chips
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Crust: Crush cookies in food processor or with rolling pin. Mix together
crumbs and butter, and press into a 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate while making
- Filling: Soften gelatine in cold water. Stir over low heat or microwave on
HIGH until dissolved.
- In a food processor or mixer, mix together cream cheese and sugar. Gradually
add gelatin mixture. Chill until slightly thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Add creme de menthe to whipped topping and fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour
into prepared pan. Chill while preparing topping.
- Topping: Melt chocolate mint chips and butter over low heat or in microwave.
Spoon over filling. Chill for 15 minutes. Score into serving pieces.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Yield: 12-15 servings
If chocolate mint chips are difficult to find, you may substitute semi-sweet
chocolate chips plus 1/2 teaspoon mint extract.