- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in heavy pot and place over low heat, stirring
until completely dissolved.
- When hot, add marshmallows. Cook until candy thermometer
reaches 238 degrees F.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until cloudy.
- Place pot in pan of hot water to keep at spreading consistency, if desired.
Icing is sufficient for 1 (12 x 9-inch) sheet cake, a 2-layer (9-inch) cake or
about 44 cupcakes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.