Chocolate Cappuccino Cakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- Powdered sugar and additional semi-sweet chocolate
morsels, melted (optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray each well of mini Bundt pans with nonstick
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, chocolate morsels, 3/4 cup of the walnuts,
baking powder, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine milk and coffee granules; stir until dissolved.
- Add melted
butter and eggs; mix well.
- Add coffee mixture to flour mixture; mix just until dry
ingredients are moistened.
- Place about 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts into each well
- Spoon about 1 cup batter over walnuts.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool cakes in pan for 10 minutes.
- Carefully invert onto cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with
powdered sugar and drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired.
Yield: 6 cakes
Nutrients per serving: (1/2 cake): Calories 480, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated
Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 66 g, Protein 8 g, Sodium 290 mg, Fiber