Easy Raspberry Molten Cakes
Make this restaurant favorite at home. It's made even more decadently delicious
with a hint of raspberry in the cake and a Raspberry Sauce to serve alongside.
Easy Molten Spiced Chocolate Cabernet Cakes
- 4 ounces semi-sweet
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 4 teaspoons McCormick Raspberry
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup confectioners'
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Raspberry Extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Butter 6 (6-ounce) custard cups or soufflé dishes.
Place on baking sheet.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or
until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in extracts.
- Stir in sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in eggs and yolk. Stir
in flour. Pour batter into prepared custard cups.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand
- Carefully loosen edges with small knife. Invert cakes onto serving plates.
- Serve with Raspberry Sauce, if desired.
- Raspberry Sauce: Mix frozen raspberries in juice, thawed, and McCormick Raspberry
Extract until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Flavor Variations: Prepare as directed. Omit raspberry extract. Or use 1 teaspoon
McCormick Pure Almond Extract, McCormick Pure Orange Extract or McCormick Ground
Cinnamon in place of the raspberry extract.
Make Ahead: The chocolate mixture can be prepared up to 10 hours ahead of time.
Pour batter into prepared custard cups. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate. Bring
to room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
Nutrition Information per 1 serving: Calories: 436 Sodium: 133 mg; Fat: 24
g Carbohydrates: 50 g; Cholesterol: 145 mg Fiber: 4 g; Protein: 5 g
Reprinted with permission from