Pumpkin Spice Latte Mug Cakes
Turn a popular fall flavor into an easy-to-make coffeehouse-inspired mug cake.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brewed espresso
coffee or very strong coffee, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin (not
pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 teaspoon
pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Ground cinnamon,
- In small bowl, beat melted butter, egg, espresso and pumpkin with whisk. Add
the sugar, Bisquick mix, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Mix until incorporated; batter
may be lumpy.
- Divide batter between 2 microwavable mugs. Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes.
Cool a few minutes before serving.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Prep Time 4 min
Total Time 7 min
To cut down on cleanup, mix the batter in a mug, and then pour half of it
into the other mug.
To make your own pumpkin pie spice, mix 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2
teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
and 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves. Store in airtight container in pantry for
up to several months.
Recipe and photograph used with permission from Betty Crocker.