Key Lime Coconut Angel Cake
- 1 box Betty Crocker® white angel food cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup Key lime or regular lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping,
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Sliced kiwifruit and strawberries, if desired
- Make cake mix as directed on package, using cold water.
- Cool cake completely.
- Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place bottom layer, cut side up, on serving
- In large bowl, beat milk, lime juice and lime peel with wire whisk until smooth
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread 1 cup lime mixture evenly over top of first layer of cake.
- lace second layer of cake carefully on bottom layer; spread evenly with 1 cup
- Top with remaining layer of cake.
- Frost top and side of cake with remaining lime mixture. Sprinkle with coconut.
Garnish cake with kiwifruit and strawberries.
Yield: 16 servings
1 Serving: Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat
6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 290mg; Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary
Fiber 0g, Sugars 35g); Protein 5g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 10%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photograph used with permission from