Buttermilk Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and dust with flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Cream butter and shortening together.
- Add vanilla extract gradually.
- Cream in sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 1 1/4 hours.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.