Butternut Pound Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup Crisco
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon butternut flavoring
- Beat butter and Crisco well.
- Add sugar and continue to cream.
- Add eggs, one at a time and continue to mix.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt alternately with buttermilk
and flavoring. Begin with dry ingredients and end with dry ingredients.
- Bake in a greased and floured tube pan for 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees F.
- Frost with your favorite frosting.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.