Chocolate Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs. Mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk and vanilla
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan; then pour in batter.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Freezes well.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.