Chocolate Raspberry Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup seedless red raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries, optional garnish
Whipped Raspberry Cream
- 1/4 cup seedless red raspberry preserves
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube or Bundt
- Melt the jam in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth, the cool.
- Place flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir with
a whisk to blend well.
- Add the softened butter, sour cream, eggs, vanilla extract,
and the melted preserves. Beat on medium speed 3 - 4 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a wooden
pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on rack, then turn out of the pan and cool completely before
- Whipped Raspberry Cream: Melt preserves in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir
until smooth and cool slightly.
- Stir in the red food coloring, if using, at this point.
- Chill beaters and bowl in freezer for several minutes.
- When beaters and bowl are chilled, pour cream into the bowl and add the sugar.
Begin whipping at high speed. While whipping, slowly pour in the melted jam in a
steady stream and whip until stiff.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Serve over Chocolate Raspberry Pound Cake.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.