Butterfinger Creme Brulee
- 1/4 cup (about half 2.1-ounce bar) finely chopped Butterfinger candy bar, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place 1 tablespoon chopped Butterfinger into each of four 6-ounce custard cups.
- Place cream, 7 tablespoons sugar and salt in medium saucepan. Cook over medium
heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Beat egg yolks in medium bowl; gradually whisk cream mixture into egg yolks.
Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour cream mixture through a fine sieve into prepared cups. Place cups in 9-inch-square
baking pan; fill pan with hot water to 1-inch depth. Loosely cover with foil. Bake
for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until knife inserted in centers comes out clean.
Remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle each cr me br l e evenly with remaining sugar. Broil until sugar is
melted and caramelized. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes or until caramel has hardened.