Cashew Butter Brittle
- 1 cup cashews, split
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Rub most of the salt off of salted cashews. Split cashews in half.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, water and butter in a saucepan. Cook and stir
until mixture begins to thicken (267 degrees F or 130 degrees C).
- Add nuts. Continue cooking and stirring until it forms a hard brittle ball
in cold water (302 degrees F or 150 degrees C).
- Pour onto buttered baking sheets. Spread thin.
- When cool, break apart.