Cashew Crickle Candy
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups salted cashews
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water; bring to a boil,
stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cook, without stirring, over
medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 300 degrees F (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter, vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Add cashews.
- Pour into a greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll baking pan.
- Cool; break into pieces.
Yield: about 2 pounds