Cinnamon Almond Brittle
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups whole almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook
over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Attach a candy thermometer to pan and
increase heat slightly to bring to boil. Cook, without stirring, until mixture
reaches hard-crack stage (about 300 degrees F) and turns light golden in color.
- Stir in almonds. Remove from heat and stir in butter, cinnamon, vanilla
extract and salt; stir until butter melts.
- Stir in baking soda (mixture may foam).
- Pour onto a large piece of greased aluminum foil on a jellyroll pan. Use
2 wooden spoons to pull warm candy until stretched thin.
- Cool completely and break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.