Dry Roasted Peanut Brittle
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Generously grease baking sheet.
- In 2 quart microwave-proof bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Cook on HIGH
for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts with a wooden spoon. Cook on HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until
mixture reaches 300 degrees F on microwave-proof candy thermometer (or small
amount separates into hard, brittle threads in cold water).
- Blend in baking soda, stir until mixture is light and foamy.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet, spread quickly.
- As candy cools, stretch into thin sheet using buttered hands. Cool completely.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.