- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (3 ounce) box apricot flavored gelatin
- 2 egg whites (room temperature)
- Combine sugar, water and corn syrup in a 3-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat,
stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cook over high heat without stirring
until mixture reaches hard ball stage.
- Combine gelatin and egg whites in a large mixing bowl. Beat until stiff peaks
- Pour the sugar mixture in a very thin stream over egg whites while beating constantly
at high speed of electric mixer. Continue beating for 5 to 10 minutes, until mixture
holds its shape.
- Drop from teaspoon onto wax paper.