Brown Sugar Fudge
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cup light cream
3/4 cup coconut, pecans or walnuts
- Melt butter or margarine in saucepan.
- Add sugar, salt and cream and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Clip a thermometer to the side of the saucepan.
- When mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to medium and continue cooking to soft-ball
stage on the candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and do not stir until the outside of the pan is cool to the
- Beat until creamy.
- Add coconut or nuts.
- Press into a greased pan.
Yield: about 1 pound