Rice Krispies Fudge
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- In saucepan, combine butter, corn syrup and chocolate chips. Cook over low
heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract and confectioners' sugar, mixing until smooth.
- Add cereal, mixing well.
- Spread in lightly buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Chill until set, about 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
Microwave directions: Microwave butter and corn syrup at HIGH 1 - 1 1/2 minutes
or until melted and starting to bubble, stirring after 45 seconds. Stir in chocolate
until mixture is smooth.