Rocky Road Fudge
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanuts, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine evaporated milk, sugar and salt over low heat.
Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add 2 cups marshmallows, chocolate chips, 3/4 cup peanuts
and vanilla extract, stirring until marshmallows and chocolate chips are melted.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup marshmallows and 1/4 cup peanuts, gently pushing
them into the fudge.
- Allow to cool until firm, then cut into 1-inch squares.
- Serve or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Yield: about 3 dozen 1-inch squares