Strawberry Fudge Balls
You don't need to heat up the oven to make these little sweets. Small children
enjoy rolling them and nibbling on the leftover vanilla wafers.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) cup semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 3/4 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- Powdered sugar
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate, beating until smooth.
- Stir in wafer crumbs and preserves; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; roll in nuts or powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator, or freeze up to 2 months.
Yield: 2 dozen
Posted by Annette 123 at Recipe Goldmine 7/22/01 7:51:56 am.