Old Fashioned Rock Candy
This has been a favorite during the holiday season for many years. It's beautiful made in many colors and flavors.
Make sure that you use flavoring oil, NOT extract.
- 3 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white Karo syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon flavoring oil
- Desired gel or paste food coloring
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Have a greased 9-inch square dish ready.
- Bring sugar, syrup and water to 300 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Add flavoring and desired food color.
- Pour into prepared dish, let cool, then break into pieces. At this point
you can toss them in confectioner's sugar, if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.