Chocolate Truffle Cups
- 5 ounces white chocolate baking bar
- 3 tablespoons ground toasted almonds
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken up
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 6 pieces chocolate or white-chocolate lace dessert decorations for garnish,* optional
- For cups, arrange 6 foil cupcake liners in muffin tins for support. In inverted
cover of a TupperWave™ Stack Cooker, place white chocolate baking bar. Microwave
on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes until bar begins to melt. Stir to melt completely, then stir
in almonds. Spoon one rounded tablespoon of the mixture into each of the 6 cups.
Using a Tupperware Sandwich Spreader, spread mixture evenly on bottoms and up sides
- Chill cups until hardened, about l hour.
- While cups are chilling, prepare filling: Place egg yolk in a Thatsa™ Bowl
- In a TupperWare™ 3-quart casserole, place the semisweet chocolate, 1/2
cup heavy cream and the butter. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes until chocolate is
melted and mixture is hot (do not let it boil). Using a Tupperware Double-Sided
Spatula, gradually stir about 1/2 of the hot chocolate mixture into the egg yolk.
Return all the egg yolk-chocolate mixture to the casserole and cook on MEDIUM (50%
power) 30-seconds to 1 minute until mixture is just hot. Stir in the remaining 3
tablespoons heavy cream.
- Cover and chill until mixture is smooth and thickened,
about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. (If butter separates out, it will blend
again when mixture is stirred.)
- With electric mixer at medium speed, beat the chilled chocolate mixture until
light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Spoon or pipe the chocolate mixture into the
chilled candy cups.
- Chill filled cups 2 to 24 hours.
- To serve, let cups stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Garnish, if desired with lace decorations.
Yield: 6 servings
Per serving: 452 cal.; 5 g. pro.; 35 g. fat; 32 g. carb.; 88 mg. sodium
Posted by JBic at Recipe Goldmine 11/20/2001 7:42 pm