Blue Owl Snickers Bar Pie
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 15 caramels
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (10-inch) baked pie crust
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 2 (2.07 ounce) Snickers candy bars, divided
- Whipped Topping
- Chopped peanuts
- 6 caramels, melted
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and
vanilla extract. Gently fold in whipped topping. Transfer 1/3 of
mixture to medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt 4 ounces semisweet chocolate in microwave or in top of double
boiler. Blend chocolate into cream cheese mixture in large bowl.
- Melt caramels in top of double boiler or in microwave. Remove from
heat; stir in milk to thin slightly. Spread melted caramel mixture
on bottom of baked pie crustablespoon Sprinkle 1/2 cup peanuts over
caramel layer. Spread half of chocolate cream cheese mixture over
- Set aside half of 1 Snickers bar. Chop remaining Snickers into small
pieces. Sprinkle over chocolate mixture.
- Next, spread plain cream cheese mixture into pie pan. Top with a
layer of the remaining chocolate cream cheese mixture.
- Melt remaining 4 ounces of semisweet chocolate. Spread a thin layer
over the top of the pie, smoothing to reach the edges.
- To garnish, pipe whipped topping around the edges and place a dollop
in the center. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Drizzle with melted
caramels and semisweet chocolate.
- Cut remaining Snickers bar into 1/8-inch thick slices. Place decoratively