Castle River Inn Almond Joy Cheesecake
Source: Castle River Inn, Wichita, Kansas
- 9 ounces (about 20) Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup granulated
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 pounds cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 5-8 Almond Joy
candy bars, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Finely process cookies and place in 9-inch springform pan. Add sugar; stir. Add
melted butter; stir. Press crust evenly on bottom and halfway up side of pan. Bake
for about 10 minutes, until crust is set.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add almond extract. Add eggs
one at a time, beating after each addition. Fold in candy bar pieces. Pour filling
into crust and bake about 1 hour or until middle is set. Place a pan with 1 inch
of water on lower rack in oven during baking. Chill cheesecake completely before
removing from pan.
- To remove cheesecake from pan, cut around cake with dull knife. Slide very large
knife under crust and loosen all around before transferring to serving plate. Cut
cheesecake with large knife, dipping the knife in hot water before each cut.
Variation: In the filling, substitute vanilla extract for almond extract, add
1/4 cup heavy cream and use 9 ounces of Oreo cookie pieces instead of candy bars.